Child Care Subsidy

The Ministry of Children's Services provides financial assistance to eligible lower-income families using:

  • Licensed day care centres

  • Licensed group family child care

  • Approved family day homes

  • Licensed out-of-school care centres

  • Licensed pre-schools and

  • Approved early childhood development programs

    Maximum subsidy rates vary by program type and the age of child attending child care.

    You can apply for a subsidy if:

  • You or your spouse/partner, or the child receiving care are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and live in Alberta.

  • You or your spouse/partner are an Alberta resident.

  • Your children are 12 years of age or younger and are not yet attending Grade 7.

  • You and your spouse/partner are currently working, attending school, looking for work or have special needs
    You or your spouse/partner stay-at-home and have your child(ren) enrolled in a licensed pre-school or approved early childhood development program.

    For general inquiries about child care subsidy call 1‑877‑644‑9992 or 780‑644‑9992 within Edmonton, Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm

    Estimate Your Subsidy: Click Here

    Apply for Subsidy: Click Here

    Renew Subsidy: Click Here

    Change Personal Information: Click Here